Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Bangkok: Discos & Nightclubs

Looking for interesting places to have a drink, listen to music, maybe dance a bit and do some people watching. I%26#39;ve only been to CM2 and the QBar. Liked CM better than the QBar. Anybody want to comment on the ones below or recommend other places?





Not looking to pick up anybody, but don%26#39;t mind a little eye candy from some pros or semi-pros. Also don%26#39;t want to pay crazy prices for watered down drinks. A live band is a plus.





Angels



BedSupper Club



Glow



Fuse



Mystique



Spice



Spasso



Club Sugar



Titanium club



Bangkok: Discos %26amp; Nightclubs


You can also try the music bars in Sarasin Road (at the top end of Lumpini Park); RCA (Royal City Avenue); the dance bars in Silom Soi 4 (be aware that there are several gar bars there too); and Rachadapisek Road Soi 8 (opposite Fortune Town).



Bangkok: Discos %26amp; Nightclubs


Angels is definately worth a look for the ';eye candy'; you talk about.There is also another one underneath the Ambassador Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 11 which is similar,I had had quite a few shandys that night so I cant tell what it is called.



Titanium is a nice bar - a bit expensive for me but a nice treat occassionally.



Myself, I prefer the pub type venues to sit down have a few beers and listen to some live music, so I usually head for the Hillary Bar on soi 4 at Nana (just across the road from Angels)or the Bamboo Bar on soi 3.Another nice little pub,although I have not been there in a while, is the Witches tavern on Soi 55 at ThongLor.




If you want something bigger, big stage, sound systems, live bands and singers, lots of people to watch where you buy bottle of whiskey and sit/stand/dance around tables to great music, sounds, light show try a club like Hollywood on Ratchada on soi 6. I had a great time there.




Thanks for the feedback. Anybody else want to comment?




Does the Hollywood Club have a cover charge? Is it a mix of locals and tourists?




No cover that I noticed. Of course I was wit htwo women and was buying a bottle of scotch at the time. It was mostly locals when I was there. But otehrs welcome of course!.




I keep seeing people mention ';RCA'; in relation to nightspots.





Where exactly is RCA? Is this the actual name of the street?




RCA = Royal City Avenue ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment