Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Toddler's in Tuk Tuks or Taxis.

Hi All - is there some sort of restraint that you can buy that attaches your toddler to you whilst travelling around Phuket?





Our little man will be about 18 months when we get to Phuket - and although my wife and I enjoy the ';thrillride'; that is the Tuk Tuk%26#39;s or the taxi from the airport - we would probably want to find a way to strap our child onto us! however for the life of me I can%26#39;t seem to find anything.





I don%26#39;t think it is practical to ctake our car seat from home - so looking at what other%26#39;s have done in this situation!!



Toddler's in Tuk Tuks or Taxis.


There are chld harnesses that strap to your front or back - taking a young child in a Tuk Tuk is a very bad idea as they are very unstable machines, not to mention noisy and dirty.



Toddler's in Tuk Tuks or Taxis.


i%26#39;d have to agree re: the tuk tuks!!





I can%26#39;t seem to find the harnesses!





Will keep an eye out!!




Hi this won%26#39;t help with the tuk tuk%26#39;s but will if taxis have a seatbelt.





I have a ';racing harness'; which comes over my sons head in a H shape once you thread the seatbelt through it. Only thing is you have to clip it to a restraining point which I doubt taxis would have now that I think about it.





If you check your airline conditions, I know most allow prams free so maybe they will a booster seat. But not very practible if you are going out shopping...only to get to/from an airport.





You can get those toddler harness straps that go around the child and have a strap for you to hold. Not sure where to get them but have a look in Kmart/Big W or go and have a look in a kids shop to see what price they charge.





cheers





karin




The Thai don%26#39;t ride in Tuk Tuk because they are very dangerous. It is mainly for tourist who wants to risk it. So I don%26#39;t recommend for a child. The alternative is the ';Baht Bus';. It is not really a bus but a pickup truck with a roof and two row of seats. They run up and down all the beaches in Phuket and the price are somewhat fix. Usually 20-40 Baht. I rent a small Suzuki Jeep to drive around in Phuket. It is not that expensive and you can goes everywhere. Although the island is big but the roads are somewhat limited. So even if you get lost, you will eventually find your way again some how. The car rental place probably have child seat for rent also. Kata Noi Beach is the most quaint because it is a smaller place than Patong...thus not so commercial. However, I don%26#39;t feel like I am in Thailand when I am there since it is full of foreigner and not so much locals.




Car Safety in Thailand is different to what we comprehend to be. You do follow everyone else in Thailand and although accidents always happen your standards do drop.



We had our daughter sit on my lap in a taxi and felt comfortable and also try imagining a tuk tuk driving around Perth city streets. You wouldnt pay to get into one, and thats the difference, although you have a baby there is no way I would travel on a tuk tuk.





My OPINIONS only



Regards



Adam




hi, have you considered something like a baby sling or front pack?




i have no idea what these are!!





I%26#39;ve tried googling lots of thiings - but everything comes up short - as i just get car seats all the time!




I have travelled extensively in Malaysia and HK/China where there is no law there that requires any child in a car seat. Best advice is to wear a baby carrier (ie Babybjorn) with your toddler, and strap yourself with seat belt. We found this quite effective. This will keep you both safe.




cool - i might have to try him in the baby bjorn - not sure he%26#39;d fit though!!





11kgs of pure bubba!!! (and he;s only 9 months at the moment)




Thairose, they are asking about Phuket and Phuket does not have these.





Songthaew ( ';Baht Bus'; ) operate in many places in Thailand and yes, the fare is 10-20 Baht but these do %26#39;not%26#39; exist in Phuket, I think you were thinking of Pattaya, Hua Hin or soemwhere else that has them





'; They run up and down all the beaches in Phuket and the price are somewhat fix. Usually 20-40 Baht.'; -





Sorry that is not correct

No comments:

Post a Comment