Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Spend Songkron in Bangkok or Pattaya

Hello,

I%26#39;m looking for some advice on where is the best place to celebrate Songkran, thai new year. I have 2 options, bangkok or pattaya. I am spending 3 nights each location, but unsure where to be for that holiday. We are between the ages 25 - 30. Suggestions? Thanks all.

Spend Songkron in Bangkok or Pattaya

Well if you want 10days of water drenching fun from dusk to dawn whether you like it or not then Pattaya is your choice. :o

Spend Songkron in Bangkok or Pattaya

I like Sonkran in Pattaya, since it is a beach setting getting soaked won%26#39;t feel so odd! I think that holiday is more fun in Pattaya.

Pattaya will have cheaper hotels than Bangkok and cheaper transportation too!

Remember to leave your electronic gizmos locked up at your hotel or wrapped in plastic. Same for you wallet - everyone is a target for water pistols and even pails of water! Wear cheap wash and wear clothes. (Laundry in Pattaya is cheaper than many places in Bangkok!)

Have fun.


thanks for your input.. I really appreciate it! however, I just found out songkran in pattaya is celebrated a week after the new year, about 17 to 19th. I am there only from 8th to 14th on a late flight = (

In this case, I guess Bangkok will do? Thank you


Lucky for you. In Pattaya it%26#39;s 24/7 and can be a little too much! It%26#39;s fairly quiet in BKK at Songkran as so many people take the chance to go back to see their families. Maybe it%26#39;s worth investing in a waterproof/underwater camera as the photo opportunities are amazing.

Relax, have fun and enjoy it. A great time to be here.

  • eye makeup
  • ittwit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment