Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fishing in Thailand

Hi All - wanted to go fishing in Thailand when i next go in October.

I am not into the sport fishing or game fishing - but just want to go out for a morning with a local and drop a line in to catch a few fish while soaking up some rays!!!

As an alternative - I am more than happy just to go out with a local fisherman and help him for the day!

Is there anything like this available?

Or is it all the touristy stuff?

Fishing in Thailand

Hi

We are heading to Phuket next month and will be throwing a line in somewhere or another.Not into sport or game either.Hope to buy some handlines and hire a longtail boat then spend a few hours trying our luck.I figure the boat operator will know where to fish and perhaps he will have a few tips as well.

Have fun

Sue

Fishing in Thailand

if you don%26#39;t mind - can you let me know how you get on??

That would be awesome!


Hi

Hope to do a JBR on my return,so I hope to include fishing attemps. Now have you heard about the prawn fishing restaurants ? You actually catch the prawns with a fishing pole from a big pool inside the restaurant. Sounds weird I know,but looks like fun.Cheap too! Have a look if you are interested in the search box with this forum.Just type in%26#39;prawn fishing restaurants%26#39; and you will get some pretty good info.Enjoy !

Sue


Unfortunately October is not a good month for sea conditions really wherever you go. Good luck but do watch the sea conditions.


Thanks Heatbeads!!

That looks like a lot of fun as well!!

I have shown my wife - and that is a lock for us!!

even if you don%26#39;t catch any - for $5 - the banter and sledging will be priceless!!

  • creating file
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment