Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Exchange rate.

Am planning a trip soon back to the big P.Can somebody give me an up to date exchange rate ie last couple of days so that I can decide how much I need to bring.



Ta very much .



Martin



Exchange rate.


Here is a bank link:



scb.co.th/html/exchange/bk-txtexchange.htm





Most of the banks have around the same exchange rate give or take a few satang.





Keep in mind that the rate changes every working day a little bit, either up or down.





You can also use debit cards in ATM%26#39;s in Thailand too!





When you fly into Bangkok you can change some money over there at those banks too.





Good luck.



Exchange rate.


How can anyone tell you the exchange rate when we have no idea which country you live in.



Exchange rate for CND atm is $1 = 28.5 Baht.



Just google it, really easy to find.




Sarcasm doesn%26#39;t become you my friend! I assumed that you would probably realise that I came from an English speaking country so that only leaves the Dollar the Pound or the Euro.Any other variation I could probably work out.I also know that anything on the web or in local newspapers does not bear any relation to what is the local rate, hence my query.



Thanks.




I wasn%26#39;t being sarcastic, I thought I was pointing out the obvious.





Your first post didn%26#39;t specify that you were looking for ';local rates';. You only asked for an up to date exchange rate and as far as I know most exchange sites post daily rates.




Thailand is one of the better Asian cities for exchanging money. Most of the exchanges are made at real banks. Pretty much what you see posted on the bank links is what you get (FOR THAT PARTICULAR DAY!) Stores and hotels usually give you less in return unless they screwed up.





When you compare rates you have to do it for the same day. In the past 12 years I don%26#39;t see a big difference between the banks unless you consider a fraction of a baht to be worth a longer walk or you have a large amount to exchange.





Debit cards work extremely well for me (MasterCard and Visa.) I get 5 free withdrawals overseas with my debit card, after that the price for me is around $2 US. Take out the maximum to cut down on ATM fees. When you leave Thailand you can change money over at the airport, even during the night and early morning hours.





You didn%26#39;t look Asian, you wrote in English and you had Derby in your name so I figured I couldn%26#39;t go wrong with a bank link that covered several English speaking countries.





Have fun.




You are looking at roughly 50 baht to the 拢1.





Try the following website, they have a daily newsletter that will inform of you of changes in the most popular currency.





http://www.xe.com/




Here are the actual on-the-ground exchange rates at various banks: 鈥aytodaydata.net/default.aspx





Just input your home currency.




i have vista and have a gadgets on screen giving me ex/rate and weather, quite useful. but i use nationwide card for money while i`m over there, no charge for cash withdrawals, very useful....




Just got back. Used Nationwide card in ATM, (no fee), got 51.137 on 28th Feb %26amp; 2nd March, got 50.932 on 3rd March 09.




I got back from Patts a couple of weks ago. I used ATM got 51 BHT to the 拢1. I am hearing that you can get 60BHT if you exchange cash, but whereabouts, all the exchanges I saw were offing 50ish BHT. Can someone clarify?. Thx

No comments:

Post a Comment