Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Generla info on Samui

I have seen quite a few questions regarding activities in Samui, so here are me personal favourites (I did them all last August!):





- Rent a private sail boat for a full day, about 140 euros for the whole day (http://www.sailing-in-samui.com/) ask for Alex



- Go on the half day Island safari with Mr. Ung (http://www.ungsafari.com). It includes elephant trekking, waterfall swimming, and much more. I think the full day one is too long.



- Go on the full day speedboat trip to Koh Ang Thong Marine Park. We went with a company called Petcherat (http://www.samuispeedboat.com). It includes snorkelling, kayaking and trekking to emerald lake (amazing!). Ang Thong was the place that inspired the film 芦The Beach禄 and is paradise on earth!



- Definitely rent a car (hertz at the airport is about 20 euros per day for a small jeep!!). It will give you the opportunity 鈥揳nd the motive- to drive around the beautiful island, as well as to go out at night (if you don鈥檛 stay at Chaweng). Chaweng is about a 10 minute drive from Bophut and a little less from Maenam. If you want to drive around the whole island it will take you about 90鈥?(total of about 60 kms).



- Don鈥檛 miss out on Thai boxing. It takes place every 2 days at Chaweng stadium and is very good fun. It鈥檚 the Thai national sport and they take it very seriously.





In general, outside the hotels everything is dead cheap, and it is perfectly safe to eat anywhere. Shopping is also a joke; you will have a hard time spending money. You can get Thai trousers, t-shirts, handmade Thai silk scarves etc for less than 3 euros each!



Change money at the exchange bureaus all over Chaweng, NOT at the hotels, they will rip you off! Also, note that Samui is absolutely safe, there is a very low crime rate and this includes only pickpockets.





Hope this is useful,



Philip



Generla info on Samui


Hi Philip!





Yes!!!!! This is very helpfull! I am going to Samui in three weeks! Very excited and very curious about everything!





If you come up with some new things! Do not hesitate to post it!





Greetz...





PS : I am still worried about the weather! What is your opinion about this?



Generla info on Samui


I wouldn%26#39;t worry too much!





The weather during the summer in Samui is much gentler there than the Phuket side.





We spent 10 days in Samui (Anantara hotel) in August last year. We got 1/2 hour of rain the day we arrived, and 1/2 hour the day we left!





Even when it rains, it%26#39;s paradise!





If you want, post your mail address and I will send you the info I had gathered before I went.





Have fun,





Philip




Hi Philip~



This is great! So nice of you posting this helpful info. Private Sailing does interest me a lot!





I am going to Samui at the end of Jul with friends. Still can%26#39;t even pick a hotel cuz they look all so good! Could you e-mail me more info you got? I bet it would help me in a great deal. Thanks a bunch!





Suzy - szykim@yahoo.com




Hi Reve,



I%26#39;ll mail you some files with info on dining, activities, general info, etc.



Unfortunately I dont have much on various hotels, as I picked Anantara from the very beginning and it was great!



You can read my review (with photos) on Anantara here: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293918-d557鈥?/a>





Hope you have fun! I envy you...



Philip




Hey Philip,



That sound great. Heading to Koh Samui at the end of July too. On honeymoon no less. I%26#39;d be interested in hearing more about your trip.


Cheers


Steve




Hi Steve,



Actually most of it is in my review + this post.



If you post ypur e-mail I can send you some addirional info on Samui.



Philip




HI Philip



We head off to samui in 2 weeks and I would love your information too. murray.tummil@xtra.co.nz




hi.



very useful information.i%26#39;ll be there with my wife this august.from what i can understand we made a perfect choice by choosing samui.




Hi Telis,



Ontos kanate tin kalyteri epilogi!



Post you e-mail if you want some more info I cand send you.



Have fun,



Philip, Athens




Hi Philip



any chance you can email me your information to murray.tummil@xtra.co.nz





thks Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment