Monday, December 12, 2011

Tailor

I will be looking for a reputable tailor in Chiangmai. Has anyone had any garments made there lately?



Tailor


I took my friend to the tailor shop at Night Bazarr. Can%26#39;t remember the name but it%26#39;s the big shop.



Tailor


A couple of years ago we used Raj who was near the Mae-Ping Hotel. He has recently moved to SK Boutique Kalare Night Bazaar Shop A109 and A113 near the 7/11 opposite D2 Hotel. We found him fast and oblging and he made us a number of garments, one a copy of a favourite one I had brought from home. Just make sure you choose good material.




I can%26#39;t remember the name of our tailor but his shop is right across the street from the Chiang Mai Plaza Hotel. He made two suits and five shirts for my husband. They are all very nice quality material and well made. They were not the least expensive place but had come highly recommended.





We met another man who used the tailor down the street from the Chiang Mai Plaza Hotel, next to the internet cafe/laundry. He paid less than we did and was happy with how his suit and shirts turned out. I can%26#39;t comment on the quality or how well made they were since I did not see his suit.




I was there about a week ago. My friend had a suit made at Universal Tailors and was very happy with it. They are in the SE section of the city near Chedi %26amp; D2 Hotels. He paid $425 USD for a suit w/. better fabric, a shirt %26amp; a blazer. Contact or PM me if you would like more contact information. It was a place reccommended by my D2 Hotel.




I found tailors everywhere! This was something I had been recommended to do -- take my favourite outfit and have it copied in different fabrics and colours. And let me tell you, there are wall to wall fabrics to choose from! and choose colours/fabrics/designs and get measured, the next day to try the clothes on and make any alterations,



I chose a design from a magazine and had a suit and a Thai silk dress made in milan Tailor in chiangmai.It came to about 150 GBP, but considering it was Thai silk and tailor made, I still thought this was reasonable! When my mum and dad went, my dad had a pair of his favourite trousers copied in different colours and this was a lot cheaper than having something designed from scratch.Bear in mind when being measured, you swell in the heat!





Highly recommended





milan-tailor@hotmail.com




AVOID CHIANG MAI TAILOR ON RACHADAMNEON STREET:



I had 2 suits fitted which were very nice and sent to my home address, albeit much later than promised and after a couple of phonecalls to ask where they were. HOWEVER, the problem came when a second pair of trousers didn%26#39;t arrive. I%26#39;d requested these trousers after the initial deal and ';Mr Nick'; insisted on him ';doing me a favour'; and not putting this deal through the books. What a mistake - 4 months, several phonecalls and emails later and the trousers are nowhere to be seen. I don%26#39;t receive any reply from their email, each time I phone I%26#39;m told they will be there soon. AVOID THIS SHOP if you don%26#39;t want to get ripped off.




How come you always find brand-new posters with one forum post asking for tailor recommendations, then you get praising comments for a taior by someone who is also a brand-new poster. (see above). Then a total anti-shop there brand-new poster.



Anyone smell a fish.......again?

No comments:

Post a Comment