Wednesday, December 7, 2011

First trip advice.

I was thinking of going to the Marriott in Phuket next March for one week. I thought maybe fly to Hawaii and stay one week and then fly to Phuket and stay for one week. Is this enough time or should we spend two weeks in Phuket? I have two timeshares that I could exchange into. Any thoughts?



First trip advice.


I don%26#39;t know about Hawaii, Parris, but my only thought here is you will destroy a full day travelling from one to the other. My suggestion would be to choose one and stay there for the full two weeks giving yourself a good chance to settle into the place and relax properly. You can always go to the other spot next time.





JW Marriott is supposed to be very nice but it is also very isolated. Check below%26#39;s link for reviews and photos, also do a search for Marriott in this forum.





tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1223683-d51鈥?/a>



First trip advice.


as above definately and i think i would choose phuket over hawaii




It%26#39;s a long way between the 2 ! You would have to fly from LAX to Hawaii and the to get from there you would fly to perhaps Japan for most flights from Hawaii and then down from there.






Hi





My advice as all the people mention before is to chosse only one place to go, don%26#39;t destroy your vaction, I think both places are so nice I never was to phuket but I am going in the middle of april...



Jw marriot is excellent 5 stars hotel but it%26#39;s really so far I was suppose to stay there but I chosse Le meridien Bech resort it%26#39;s more near to life and patong as well, and I guess it%26#39;s nice 5 stars hotel with pvt beach and only 5 or 10 min with taxi to patong and etc.... but IF you are looking only for relax and beach and staying at the hotel all the time I guess Jw marriott or Sala phuket also will be good for you .. they have nice villa with pvt pool in sala phuket.. but beware at Jw marriot the prices is really expensive food,etc...





Tony




Thanks everyone for the advice on Phuket. I think you are all right about going to one place for the two weeks. I have two timeshares that I am trying to use. The Marriott reviews do sound like it is isolated.




From what I can tell, there are several Marriott in Phuket area. I%26#39;m not sure where your timeshare property will be at. But if you rent a small jeep to get around you won%26#39;t be bored since there are so many beaches to explore. Marriott Kao Lak is the one that get hit badly by the Tsunami but they totally rebuild it since. I recommend you get 3 floor room just in case.




???? - There is no Marriott at Khao lak !







There is the JW Marriott at Mai Khao area, there are Courtyard by Marriotts in Patong, Kamala and Surin.





If you are on a time-share thing then no doubt it is JW Marriott / Marriott Club there.




The Marriott timeshare is called Marriott Phuket Beach Club. It is part of the J.W. Marriott Resort. Is this the one that was damaged last year? I am not sure if we are going to go to Thailand for two weeks or Spain for two weeks or stay closer to home, Hawaii for two weeks. They all sound nice.




Pardon me...I got mixed up between Marriott and Sofitel. My bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment