Monday, December 12, 2011

Help in choosing my hotel !

The more I look the more confused I get!





It all started off with Cape Panwa. The pictures of the beach sold it to me. Then, I go and look at a few more hotels, you know, just to make sure that there isn%26#39;t anything else thats cheaper or better or has an even more stunning beach (which I have to admit I havn%26#39;t found on the beach front compared to cape panwa yet).





I took my search all the way to Krabi after looking at probably all the Phuket hotels and Khao Lak resorts!





This is us: 2 adults %26amp; 2 two little boys (4 %26amp; 2). Things we like:



1) beaches like you get in the maldives



2) hotels that cost a fraction of the maldives !



3) kid friendly hotels which have babysitters.



4) modern %26amp; clean rooms



5) fab food.





I have narrowed my choice down to 3 hotels:



(with prices for 7 nights)





1) Laguna Beach Resort (拢545)



2) Cape Panwa hotel (拢525)



3) Khao Lak Orchid Resort. (拢325)





Can anyone recommend which one I should pick?



Help in choosing my hotel !


hi i done the same in the end i booked katathani take a look at this one good luck trinty



Help in choosing my hotel !


hi ,if it is in your price range take a look at le meridien khao lak it has everything you are asking for and then some.we were there in october and liked so much are going back again this year.the beach here is a lot better than panwa`s and no big hill to go up and down.got a very good deal from travelbag.





hope his helps and not cloud the issue



norwichblue1




Between these three, I would have to make a negative choice.





Panwa does not have a nice beach at all!



And Laguna has some issues with the staff (strikes and that), but on the other hand a great promotion coming up like stay one night, get one night free, (due to the issues)



So, Khao Lak is left.





But I strongly suggest to check out the Kata Thani, like in the previous answer. Great place for your family.




I would go for Katathani or le Meridien



price depends time of year, low season rates come in either mid April or from 1st may until the end of October. Cape Ppanwa is south east, most popular beaches are west coast.





If you are visiting low season there are plenty of bargains to be found. But do note weather and sea confidtions.





For the Khao Lak Orchid if it%26#39;s low season I guess for that price you are going for the 2 bedroom family rooms, deluxe rooms go from about UKP 26 a night.




Thanks guys, I%26#39;ve had a look at Katathani and they were quite expensive. My budget is very tight! Has to be max 4500Baht per night.





I think I%26#39;ll go for Laguna, as the rooms we have been quoted for (thru their own website) are for deluxe seaview and the rooms look soooo nice. And they have fab pools for the kids.





Cape panwa rooms seem to be a distance from the beach (I like be as close as I can to the beach!) And their rooms are old and tired. Also read a recent review saying that there was an oil slick on/near the beach.





As my last hotel to look at - i%26#39;ll look at Le Meridian (although I know it%26#39;ll be mega bucks !).





Not going to book yet though - have to wait until April (for travel in mid June) so my sensible hubsand says. But i%26#39;m just too impatient !!



I guess there%26#39;ll be plenty of rooms left - right? It is the low season after-all.





Now for my next question . . .




Mid June is low season Phuket so you should not have any problems on finding accommodation.





Just be aware of location of Laguna if you had in mind going out evenings/shopping etc and do appreciate weather at that time of year.




Probably not what you would want as not on the beach but for a family I will throw-it-in





Courtyard by Marriott Kamala short walk from beach at Kamala which is north of Patong and a lot easier should going out in the evenings for restaurants, shopping etc be on the agenda, 2 bedroom suite apartments plus living room, kitchenette, kid%26#39;s club, water slide etc, some family kids eat free deals packages, between 3,500 and 4,026 a night, higher rate offers booking flexibility .




Thanks Monica,





I%26#39;ll have a look at that one too !





(Le Meridian was out of our price range)





As we have been to thailand twice before we had kids we want to stay away from Patong and areas like that! not too bothered about shopping or restaurants either. As long as there are a couple of eateries that do good cheap food i%26#39;m happy. As for shopping we are staying 1 night at the Ivory hotel nr bangkok airport and will probably have a wander into the shops there.





Regarding the weather: Is it likely to rain alot? I%26#39;ve loads about it and most sites say it rains for about 30 mins in the afternoon and then at night. Is this about right ? As long as it doesn%26#39;t rain all day everyday ! Last year we went to the maldives at the beginning of their wet season and it rained on and off for about 4 days out of 7. I mean really really heavy - end of the world type of rain !





I%26#39;m so excited about going I%26#39;ve even bought my first holiday kaftan whilst food shopping in Tescos this morning !!! (just in case you%26#39;re interested its a gorgous brown and cream zebra print !)




If you%26#39;ve been before that%26#39;s very different.



The reason I mentioned Courtyard is because when you travel with children ( ours are grown now ) it is the thing about either having them in your own room or having 2 rooms, at they ages of your obviously not in another room - howver, a 2 room apartment suite solves the problem, together yet with privacy, and living area does gives you space.



Not on the beach, Kamala a lot quieter than Patong but a lot closer than say Laguna. Close to Phuket Fantasea.



Another %26#39;not on the beach%26#39; at Kata is centara Kata, they have 1 bedroom family suites 60 sqm, bedroom plus living roof, dining area, microwave, toaster etc, breakfast included but sometimes handy with children, 2 pools, swim up bars in the pools, spa, kids pool, play slides and kid%26#39;s club. Not on the beach. Aboput 4,900 with a stay 9 pay 6 deal, so nine nights costs about 3,260 but there are some nominal extra bed charges.



Laguna though does give you the beach location.





During low season worth looking through any airmiles you have ( if you have ) and see which hotel groups you could use, you might spot a hotel group and be able to use miles during low season, worth a look if you have accumulated any.





Weather - this is tricky, best time is November to April. You could have solid sunshine, it could be a few short bursts of rain, could be longer, could be heavy, could be for an hour, it really does vary.





This is the local 30 year average:



www.tmd.go.th/en/province_stat.php鈥?/a>





But the rates are low, that is the bonus




I%26#39;ve been looking at the weather history on wunderground for the last few years in June and it%26#39;s scared me off!!





So, we are going to Koh Samui instead !!





And I%26#39;ve found a fab hotel for 拢35 per night in just 2 days of searching !! Only downside is the flight from bkk to samui is alot more expensive cus its with bangkokair. Shame airasia don%26#39;t fly there. :(



But overall it worked out to be the same cost as phuket.

No comments:

Post a Comment