Monday, December 12, 2011

Unico Grande Silom Hotel

Hi





Any upto date reviews of this hotel (last couple of months) as I have got a cheap deal from my companies travel agent.





Thanks



Unico Grande Silom Hotel


I stayed there in November (I have written a review in the hotel section).So if you don%26#39;t get a more up to date review here%26#39;s what I experienced.



Don%26#39;t take up the offer if the room is a standard one. The hotel website states that all rooms have been refurbished but four months ago most were not and I doubt this could have been accomplished in the intervening time . The standard rooms smelled stale and were shabby and grubby, the air conditioners didn%26#39;t work very well. I upgraded to a deluxe room and couldn%26#39;t believe I was in the same hotel,the room was modern, clean and well equiped.



It%26#39;s about 7-10mins walk to the nearest skytrain station and about 20mins walk to Patpong. Quite a few restaurants in the area. I took a taxi from the airport and the driver wasn%26#39;t too sure where the hotel was(apparently it used to be called The Tower Hotel) it%26#39;s down a side road off the Silom Road and doesn%26#39;t look anything special from the outside. The staff were friendly and obliging. I would stay there again but only if I could stay in one of the refurbished rooms. All of the rooms are huge and they include a large sitting area.



Unico Grande Silom Hotel


%26lt;%26lt;apparently it used to be called The Tower Hotel%26gt;%26gt;



It used to be called the Tower Inn.





Tell the taxi driver it%26#39;s near Silom soi 11 (';Silom soi sip-et';).





This hotel has a GREAT hotel on the roof, with a panoramic view. I%26#39;ve only stayed in the deluxe rooms or a suite, which were very nice.




It%26#39;s not down a side road; it%26#39;s directly on Silom Road.




Thanks guys I stayed there along time ago when it was the Tower Inn so know the area very well. Usually stay on Sukhumvit but due to family maters need to stay Silom.





Anyone recommend anywhere else nearby, Silom Village is full for the dates I want.





Thanks




Sorry, I should have said the hotel entrance is not directly on Silom Road but slightly off to the side on a small lane that contains a travel firm, a tailors shop and a massage place. I%26#39;m not sure about the hotel on the roof of the hotel but there is a small swimming pool which was very welcome after a hot sticky day in the city, though not many sunbeds if you like to sunbathe. The rooftop restaurant/bar



and pool area has great 360ęŽ³uninterupted views of the city.




Thanks everyone, think I will go with the offer and if room is not so good I can upgrade at my own expense




';*pool* on the roof hotel';



Sorry!


  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment