Friday, April 2, 2010

bangsak beach -v- khuk beach

Hi



Could anyone give me some advice on which beach is nicer out of these two? I%26#39;ve seen some photos and Bangsak beach always seems to have whiter sand and better looking water than Khuk Khak. You see, I am definitely a swim in the ocean type of person rather than the pool.





I thought I was sold on the Khao Lak Orchid, but then I came across these Bangsak beach photos and now I can%26#39;t decide. Bangsak is supposed to be 2nd best beach besides Pak Weep Beach right? I can%26#39;t afford Le M., so cant go there. So as far as beach goes, quality of swimming water and beauty of the place, would you go for Bangsak next and what do you think of the resort up there? Reviews seem generally good??



Thanks, Liz.



bangsak beach -v- khuk beach


Hi Liz,



Personally I don%26#39;t think there is much between them. They are both beautiful, excellent for swimming but there is more on Khuk Khak beach than Bangsak in the way of small beach restaurants/bars and you can walk south to the busier adjoining Bang Niang Beach or north to the adjoining Pakarang beach. So for me, Khuk Khak gives you more options. On Bansak there is only one beach restaurant on the beach, the excellent Kai%26#39;s Family Seafood and the Royal Bangsak Beach Resort, very much in favour with Scandinavians. The Haadson is a unique resort further up and just across the Bang Sak Promenafe with its handful of eateries.



Haadson v Orchid - a difficult choice!Haadson smaller than the Orchid though which is a more traditional hoyel type resort.



bangsak beach -v- khuk beach


It also depends on how long you will stay. If you stay more than a week, I would recomend Khuk Khak beach since it is very close to either Bang Nieng or Khao Lak Centre. It will be easy to eat out, shopping, or buy food or drink to store in your fridge.





Both beaches are safe for swimming.




Thank you both for replying.





I am not actually going until Jan 2010 but am finalising booking in about a fortnight%26#39;s time.





Good to here both beaches are similar in quality. I will be staying for 2 weeks and will be looking forward to swimming in the ocean every day. Will almost probably 99% certain go with the Orchid. Just have to switch off the computer and stop looking - but it%26#39;s addictive.





Anyhow, will probably hire a moped or a car and do some exploring around KL, can%26#39;t wait to get there actually. It will be three of us, myself, hubby and teenage daughter.





It will be my first time in KL but my fifth time to Thailand. Have been to Samui twice, both times on Chaweng beach, central section once and southern Chaweng last year; and Phuket twice, once in Patong and once in Karon.





Just can%26#39;t get enough of Thailand! the climate, the atmosphere the beautiful blue-green ocean and of course the lovely people who we have always come across in our travels.





Regards,



Liz.




Given your family make up I think Khuk Khak is better for you. Bang Sak has far less people on it in case you get in difficulty while swimming. We were there yesterday and after the storms and the full moon the ocean was very rough and the tide right in. Lots of crushed shells underfoot too which made it a bit painful walking on. Mind you the sea was very rough at Pak Weeb too. A bit calmer today.

No comments:

Post a Comment