Friday, April 2, 2010

Question Please



Hi you all





I know that this is a stupid quesrion, but I have not been to Phuket befor so, would I be able to use my ANZ atm card over there or does it have to be a credit card? thank you as I leave in 7 days.









Cheers Lorraine



Question Please


Hi Lorraine



Your best bet is to contact your bank. Even if you can use your card your bank needs to know you are travelling overseas or they may block the transactions. I have an ANZ visa card and that works (because it%26#39;s visa) so it really depends on what type of account you have.



Have a wonderful time - I%26#39;m sure you will love it!



Question Please


You should be able to use it. In fact, it is preferable to use it, as you can%26#39;t accidentally make a visa cash advance instead of a withdrawal from savings (like I did, big fees).





As mentioned, definitely tell your bank. Your atm card may need to be ';authorised'; for use overseas. You should be able to do this over the phone.





Also, check your withdrawal limit. My Visa/ATM card allows me to withdraw $1,500 per day, but my pure ATM card only allows me to withdraw $500. If needed, ANZ can increase the limit before you go.





Plus check what sort of fees you will be up for. It may be worth your while to make fewer withdrawals of larger amounts. ANZ may be able to give you a better card, even within 7 days.




If your card has ';Cirrus'; or ';Maestro'; on it.. no problem... I used my ANZ card a few years back in Bali. (changed to Suncorp since and they don%26#39;t have Cirrus etc.)




Its not a stupid question Lorraine, you can use your normal savings cards over there if they have the Cirrus or Maestro symbols on the card. We use ours all the time and you only need to notify your bank if your going to be using a credit card.



Cathy




Thank you everyone.





Cheese Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment