Friday, April 2, 2010

Qatar Airways - London to Bangkok

Hi





Has anyone flown with Qatar before?





Any experiences? Good and Bad please.





Thanks





Qatar Airways - London to Bangkok


You should have no problems. Probably the best, apart from the non stop airlines, to Thailand. Several passengers have found the short transit stop a bit chaotic but I had no problems. Plenty reviews on airlinequality.com - most are favourable.



Qatar Airways - London to Bangkok


Cheers, read the reviews. Seems pretty good.





Do they transfer your bags for you onto the Doha - Bangkok leg as it looks like I will only have a 90 minute stop between flights if I book.





Also what is the food and IFE like on board?




Hi GrahamKent





I just flew back with Qatar on Sunday. Very good service. We flew on a 777 from BKK to Doha which had good seats. Entertainment system is great. Touch screen. Video on demand. On the airbus From Doha to LHR it was VOD but not touch screen. Still good. Food was also very good. You might have to ask for some drinks. But they didnt seem to mind people going back to the galley and asking.



They will transfer the bags direct. But just ask when you check in to make sure.





Have a GREAT trip.





Maidee




Thanks Maidee, I think you just made my mind up. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed as I am going in May to Lanta, I hope the rain stays away :)





Thanks again.




I flew in January and was concerned about the transfer times as I usually fly Emirates and the buses are very slow to the terminal. I was shocked to see how small Doha airport is!!! 90 minutes seemed too long. It was a pleasant surprise. I flew from Gatwick and sat in the rear cabin. In the 16 rows of seats there were 17 passengers only. A whole row each was a little too much.




Hi Graham my mate and i flew with qatar last year,joined the frequent flyers club and got the holy grail an upgrade to business class which was the absolute nuts,but economy on the way over was very good as qatar is a five star airline,join the club you never know.



Have a graet holiday



Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment