Friday, April 2, 2010

old intercontinental bangkok + new recommendations please

Just being nostalgic - anyone remember the old intercontinental? - I only stayed once but I seem to remember peacocks strutting around and a bridge over a stream with ducks as well as a large swimming pool?





I did hear the land was sold for a lot of money to build a huge new mall but I don%26#39;t know the story for sure ...





Inside the hotel grounds it was like being miles away from the city. Anyone else stay there?





Also could anyone please advise on the nearest thing to this %26#39;resort feel%26#39; these days?





I like the Royal Orchid Sheraton but I keep reading about noisy building work and would really appreaciate any alternative recommendations from kind people



old intercontinental bangkok + new recommendations please


Look up ';Nai Lert Park';. It might fill the bill.





http://tinyurl.com/c9pa2o





Siam Paragon has been built on the land that the Intercontinental occupied. Bangkok really needed to get rid of that green belt to build a much needed shopping complex!



old intercontinental bangkok + new recommendations please


Brilliant Curt!





Thank you so much :-)



I shall get cracking on researching your recommendation.





Cheers, claire




I assume you mean the old Siam Intercontinental, which is where Paragon Shopping Mall now stands. The night they ';broke the ground%26#39;, the sound of the fireworks made me jump out of my bed. I thought it was some sort of attack!!!!





Sorry, but can%26#39;t help on something similar as I don%26#39;t think there is anything to match!




I really miss the Siam Intercontinental. The view from the SIAM BTS platform was so nice back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment