Tuesday, March 30, 2010

15 day visas when entering Thailand overland

Hi,





I%26#39;m travelling to Thailand in a couple of weeks, currently in Oz. I%26#39;ve just been checking the visa situation and have found out that if you travel into Thailand overland you only get a 15 day visa. I%26#39;ve got a flight to Kuala Lumpur, and was planning to get the train up into Thailand and stay there for about 30 days....I%26#39;m guessing this could be a problem?!?!





Does anyone know if there is anyway of getting round this, or if the 15 day visa could be extended once you get into Thailand??





If anyone knows anything about the trains in Malaysia/Thailand as well that would be great. I%26#39;m meeting people in Ko Samui on the 3rd April so was probably going to try and get the train straight there from Kuala Lumpur once I arrive.



15 day visas when entering Thailand overland


No way around the 15 day visa waiver for travelling overland. Extensions will likely only get you 7 extra days - if they decide to give it, and you have to apply at an immigration office. Fly in on Air Asia (or any other airline) and get 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment