Sunday, March 28, 2010

Phuket 4-12 March - should I bring an umbrella??

Here%26#39;s me thinking we%26#39;d booked right before the rainy season hits, but the forecast promises a 60% chance of rain every day!





Can anyone shed some light on this? Does this mean a light shower in the middle of the night, or drizzling all day? We are planning some sightseeing trips which I fear may be spoiled by bad weather :(





Still looking forward to it though - can%26#39;t wait to tuck into my first bowl of pad thai ;) And if the weather%26#39;s that bad, I hear there%26#39;s a nice shopping mall...





Thanks for any advice!





Tengchah



Phuket 4-12 March - should I bring an umbrella??


HI





Yes bring. but probably won%26#39;t need it.





I have a small tavel umbrella I always take. more to keep sun off when at the beach ,than for rain LOL.







the hotels usually supply umbrella%26#39;s if you have to walk outside to your room.if it is raining.





Maybe get a down pour for a short time then clears off quickly. most times the rain is a welcome relief form the heat.



Phuket 4-12 March - should I bring an umbrella??


Hahahahahahahahaha, umbrella.





The weather report always ';chance of rain';. I wouldn%26#39;t bother with an umbrella. It%26#39;s not like the UK. It does rain, but you get by.




Hi Tengchah





I%26#39;m not sure what forcast you have been looking at but as a resident here for the last 13 years I can tell you that if you think you need to pack an umbrella durring the dry season you should also bring along your own rain.





If you are looking at a forecast that shows thuderstorms then thats all it will be like the summer thunder and lightning back home. Do not be concerned in any way unless the forecast says ';Thunder Showers'; like those that will start to appear around mid April sometimes.





A nice shopping mall? There are 2 in Patong that can be considered real malls with Central Festival, Big C,%26amp; Lotus located 20 minutes out of Patong along the way to Phuket Town.





Regards From Phuket





Richard %26amp; Megumi




Hmmm, thanks Richard, but I%26#39;m not sure about ';bringing our own rain'; - we had plenty during our week in Phuket! 4 massive downpours (2 at night, 2 during the day). The aforemntioned umbrella wouldn%26#39;t have been much good though - serious tropical downpours, but actually quite fun!




Hope you had plenty of sun though - how did you enjoy, hope you had a great time.




No need if you are staying at a good hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment