Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Vaccination

I%26#39;m flying to Hua Hin this march and I intend to stay for at least one year. Does anybody know what kind of vaccinations I need for a trip this long?



Vaccination


None are needed but it may be a good idea to consult your doctor. Hope you%26#39;ve checked out the visa situation.



Vaccination


Echo Dragonc%26#39;s comments on vaccinations, but do check on what visa%26#39;s you%26#39;ll need for a one year stay plus next month unless something changes you%26#39;ll also have to do a 250 kilometre round trip to sort it all plus 90 day reporting to the same place.




Thank u guys, Visa should be no problem. Im going to Webster and they take care of that.




I was going to echo about Visa but I pressume if you are with Webster University they know what they are doing.



Vaccinations, nothing really, though it is a worthwhile reminder that things such as tetanus lasts ( I am no expert at all ) about 10 years and sometimes people forget to %26#39;renew%26#39; it.



I pressume you have sorted out medical insurance, if not don%26#39;t forget to do that, something people sometimes forget about.




Hi, I suppose this comes somewhat late but if you want to travel all over the country and stay that long, this is what I advise: tetanus, hepatitis A%26amp;B (Twinrix), Japanese encephalitis, rabies (yes, there are a lot of stray dogs! I was bitten once in the countryside and had to be immunized several times asap, it麓s a deadly disease). You do not have to worry about malaria unless you go near Myanmar border or stay over night by rivers (like river Kwae), and the most important thing is to prevent mosquitoes to bite with repellent and clothes in evening.If you do not have all the vaccinations, I suppose a local private hospital can take care of them as well.





I used to stay in Thailand for 4 1/2 years and go back with my kids now in March as well.





Enjoy your stay!






There are not many mosquitoes but anywhere in the tropics prevention is better - it is not just the normal health risk but many people forget that a bite is like a small cut and people tend to scratch these, so any bites treat them with antiseptic and pay attention to them.



If you go from Hua hin for treks into the jungle and mountains take care also of any scratches or grazes.




Tetanus, Hep A, Typhoid and Hep B are shots everyone should have as a matter of course - travelling or not.




Yeah, forgot Typhoid -the vaccine is rather new. Not that anybody or anyone I know or knew got that or the disease.





And really, be careful with all kinds of even minor wounds.They do get infected easily.Antibiotics are needed a lot more frequently than in cold climates.

No comments:

Post a Comment