Sunday, March 28, 2010

Group of 15 travelling, book tours in advance?

After doing a lot of reading I have learnt that you can get tours at better rates if you book them while in Phuket, we are going in September so it%26#39;s low season so we can probably get good deals. I biggest concern is there will be 15 of us travelling and I worry there won%26#39;t be enough spots for all of us if we leave it to the last minute.





What do you guys think? What is the max people on each tour?



Group of 15 travelling, book tours in advance?


I was in Phuket for a family wedding in 2007 with a group of around 50 people. We arranged several outings, Phi Phi Don, Fantasia, Elephant trekking, Simon Cabaret etc and our group sizes were 25+ booked at short notice (a day or two before). It is cheaper to book once you are there rather than your home country as you cut out the middle man fees and also with a group of 15 you would be able to negotiate a discount as we did on each of our tours.



Group of 15 travelling, book tours in advance?


Thanks so much, I expected as much but I needed it confirmed by someone who had ';been there done that';




I agree with camjar, book tours when you are there it will be much cheaper. However if you want to book a private driver for your group for sightseeing etc I would book way before you go as they do get busy.





The link below has a few of the recommended drivers plus lots more info and photos on what to see and do, shopping, eating etc.



Cathy



cathyandgarystravelpages.com/hiring_a_driver…




Thanks for the info, Cathy. I will look into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment