Sunday, March 28, 2010

HELP! Bangkok to Koh Tao

Hi



I%26#39;ve done a very silly but brilliantly exciting thing. I%26#39;ve booked a return flight from london to Bangkok with the idea of spending 2 nights in bangkok 21/12/09 to 23/12/09 then I really want to head to Koh Tao. My only problem is I have never been to Thiland before so have know idea what to do to get there or how to pre-book anything.. or what to pre-book! ideally i%26#39;m wanting to arrive 23/12, iam trying to work out times etc for connecting transport to tie up with the ferry crossing and the return options for my flight back on 04/01/10 but i%26#39;m either thick or it%26#39;s just not making sense! I%26#39;m panicing i think! Now i%26#39;ve booked my flight seperate I dont think a travel agent would be interested in helping me so i%26#39;m hoping someone here can??



flight Arrival - 21st Dec 09 - 07.20 Bangkok



Flight depart Bangkok -04th Jan - 20.05





I know it%26#39;s a while away but i am wondering if being my first time to Thiland i should have booked through an agent who would have taken care of this for me.





thanks in advance for anyone who can help.. it will be much appreciated!



Kate





HELP! Bangkok to Koh Tao


The best and easiest way to get from Bangkok to Ko Tao is the bus to Chumphon and then the ferry to Ko Tao. You can book all of this for B950 each way through Lomprayah ferries. The bus from Bangkok is an air con VIP bus and takes about 8 hours and takes you directly to the jetty to get the Lomprayah high speed catamaran to Ko Tao.





I did this journey a couple of weeks ago and it%26#39;s very easy and straight forward. Lomprayah run the service twice a day and they have it down to a fine art so no need to worry about an agent.





You can book through their website and we booked just a couple of days in advance. You may want to book a bit earlier as it%26#39;s Christmas to ensure they definitely have space.





To get back to Bangkok you can either do the journey in reverse or get the ferry to Ko Samui and then take a flight from there to Bangkok. If you take the flight option they%26#39;ll check in your luggage all the way back to the UK. Although it costs a fair bit more if you%26#39;re in a rush it%26#39;s worth considering.



HELP! Bangkok to Koh Tao


Thank you so so much! you are a star!



I am actually going to take your advice but reverse it (unless you think it would be unwise for some reason)



I will fly in to Bangkok then get a connecting flight to Koh Samui and then a ferry to Koh Tao. On the way back, I will take the ferry and Bus from Ko Tao back to Bangkok and spend 2 nights there before heading back.



I feel soooooo much better now I have a (sort of) plan!





Thanks very much again



x




Exactly as Chahol has said





http://www.lomprayah.com/E/route.htm



http://www.beachsiam.com/koh_tao.html other ways to/from





For all accommodation over that period you need to pre book for sure.




..Many thanks!





Can anyone suggest a great place to stay, looking for a bit of luxury but reasonable price?



Also, we intend to be in Koh Tao for new yrs eve, again, any suggestions?





thanks again!!!!!




The bus/ferry is pretty nice and I presonally would choose that again. Also since your time is limited it would work out well since you can sleep on the bus and be at Koh Tao in the morning.





If you do take the flight to Samui, take a look at the ferry scedule before you book the flight. My second trip to Koh Tao I did the flight route and ended up staying in Samui one night %26#39;cause I couldn%26#39;t make the ferry connection, it really was a waste of a day for me.





(And just on a personal note, if you stay at Sairee beach, try AC2 for dinner. It was my favorite place when I was there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment