Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pandora Jewellery - Phuket or Bangkok???

Help! Has anyone bought any Pandora Jewellery in either Bangkok or Phuket. Which would be cheaper and does anyone have approx cost?





Cheers



Kaye



Pandora Jewellery - Phuket or Bangkok???


I would also like to know this as well!





I have read on other posts that there is some in phuket/patong. Do a search and it should come up straight away.



Pandora Jewellery - Phuket or Bangkok???


ocean plaza%26#39;s in Phuket. Never saw any myself but heaps of people say thats the place to go. Not a patient shopper myself.





I have been buying a few on ebay so worth to have a look there even if it is to get a price guide.





cheers





karin




Thanks Bec, I Will do a search and see where that takes me



Cheers



Kaye




Hi Karin



Thanks for your info on Pandora. Would it be avail in Bangkok?



we are going to Phuket and Bangkok and not sure where to do our shopping



Cheers



Kaye




Hello Nanna Kaye





From experience, I would advise you to do your shopping in Bangkok - or you will be paying excess baggage for two legs of the trip! Remember your Singapore - Bangkok trip!





Love



Marlene




Hi Kaye,



didn%26#39;t see any in Bangkok but wasn%26#39;t looking. Do a search on Pandora in both Phuket and Bangkok forums for info.





Some prices were listed in Phuket forum plus where to get them. I think its just best to look around at small jewellery stores in both places.





It is my understanding that even though pandora charms are made in Thailand they are not for sale in Thailand..... so any you do see are probably copies or another brand that will fit pandora bracelets. If this is the case do have a look at ebay as they range for copies from $1 - $10 average depending on demand.





As for shopping.... the golden rule is if you see it and like it buy it but Bangkok is a lot cheaper than Phuket. Go to the Pratunum area (around Baiyoke Sky hotel) heaps of markets/shops.... and bargains. Check out my JBR%26#39;s. If you can get there go to Phuket town weekend market and shop before you buy in Patong itself....





hope this helps





karin




Hi Kaye





I have cut %26amp; pasted some info for you from one of my previous posts.



We were in Phuket last Oct.



We saw them at Ocean Plaza on the 2nd floor as you walk in %26amp; at Jung Ceylon - 2 stores ( stands rather than shops) one as you walk in the main entrance and one one the bottom floor.



I think the one at Ocean Plaza ( Patong Beach Rd near Patong Merlin) had more choice %26amp; was cetainly cheaper. They weren%26#39;t Pandora, but Biaci or Chamillia, but do fit on Pandora. They had both glass %26amp; silver, plus some really nice ones with stones in them. They varied in price, the plain silver approx 280 - 350bt, With stones to 410bt and the glass 150 - 250bt ( I think ! ) So even with the poor exchange rate they are still cheaper than what we can get here. I aslo bought a bracelet for a gift - I think it was 1100bt.



The was a guy out the front of the Art Gallery ( Lammi Art?) on Beach Rd who sells them. He is only there at night. I had a quick look, I think they were real Pandora %26amp; a lot higher in price.





I don%26#39;t know about buying them in Bangkok - have you tried posting the Bangkok forum?



Hope this helps



Pete




Hi Pete,





can you tell me if they were real silver or just silver coated?





thanks





karin




Hi Karin





For what I can tell they are real silver with the 925 marking.



I previously bought some exactly the same off ebay from the US ( before the dollar dropped in value !!) so I had seen most of these designs before listed as Biagi %26amp; Chamillia. The ones with the stones in them were really pretty, wish I had bought more of them as they were really cheap compared to what I have seen on ebay.



There are other places that do sell charms but these 2 places were the only ones that I felt confident that they were real silver.





Happy Shopping



Pete




Thanks for that Pete...going in August so will have to really look this time!!!





cheers





karin

No comments:

Post a Comment